“5 Reasons Why Your Protagonist Needs to Have Imperfections” by Georgina Roy | 16th January, 2015 | e-Book India.
“It’s a fact of life that people are imperfect. In real life, we have flaws, insecurities and phobias that can sometimes take over our daily lives and become a part of us. When writing fiction, it’s very easy to fall into the trap of creating the perfect protagonist that is always confident, self-aware and makes no mistakes. However, it is important to remember that the flawless protagonist will feel unreal to the readers. There are several reasons why the protagonist needs to be imperfect.
- Flaws bring the protagonist to life
- They help the reader connect with the protagonist
- Flaws create internal conflict
- They help with character development
- Flaws make the protagonist interesting.”
Read more via 5 Reasons Why Your Protagonist Needs to Have Imperfections.