“HOW CAN I PROMOTE MY BOOK?
If there’s one question that is eternal and ongoing in our author community, then it’s how to sell more books.
Sales are always on our mind and wherever we are in the bestseller chart, we look a little enviously at those above us.
In this article, we have ideas and solutions for you — 50 of them in fact — which should be more than enough ways to promote your book.
Promoting your isn’t all about the launch. Launches are designed around getting your book into a bookshop — and keeping it there; whereas with digital books, your book is always in stock — and therefore your timeline for promotion is much longer.
Which means you can take it one chunk at a time. I put these 50 suggestions together so that you can work through the ones that interest you, one at a time. There’s no need to do it all at once, and there’s plenty here to suit all authors!
50 (AND MORE) WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR BOOK
- Tweet about it.
- Make a book trailer.
- Ask your readers to send in images of them with your book and then pin them on Pinterest. (people love the human connection)
- Comment on threads in Facebook groups or on other people’s threads to build your reputation as an expert.
- Write a press release for PRWeb. It’s a great way to get some backlinks to your site and maybe even some press interest!
- Do a presentation at a local meetup group. Don’t ‘sell’, just give great information, and make sure to have some books to hand in case people ask.
- Do a kdp free promotion. They still work if you use them correctly.
- A Goodreads giveaway is one of my favourite ways to promote your book, generate some interest and also to get some reviews. The giveaways only work with print books although there are things you can do with your digital book. And it’s good to know that the reviewers can be a little more harsh than on Amazon (so prepare yourself!), but it’s well worth the effort!.
- Create a post about your book on your Facebook business page. Pin it to the top.
Read more via 50 Surprisingly Simple Ways To Promote Your Book