“10 Reasons Writers Should be Paid”. Freedom with Writing.
“There are so many websites out there that do not pay writers. They do not value writing. They see it as a commodity. This is a horrible trend that has lead to endless garbage being spewed over the far reaches of the internet.
Even famous websites don’t pay their writers. The Huffington Post is a classic example. They were sold for $315 million dollars. And how much do they pay most of their writers? $0.
Here are 10 reasons writers should be paid:
- Good writing takes work.
- “Free” writers often have ulterior motives.
- Writers should be held accountable.
- We need professional journalists.
- Richard Nixon would never have been impeached.
- Our cultural vibrancy depends on it.
- There would be no Harry Potter.
- We need to be entertained. Seriously.
- Nobody wants to pay for garbage.
- Because it is the right thing to do. Need I say more?
Read more via 10 Reasons Writers Should Be Paid.